After getting the nose ring situation squared away, I was taken on a tour of building where I am working for the NAM. There is actually a mall under there, which has a store in there that is similar to TJ Maxx and Ross. Heaven! I also became acquainted with some of the cute restaurants and shops down a side street near our building. I am really very lucky to be working in such a cool area of town!
After that eventful tour, I got to participate in my first webinar. It was weird. Its going to take a while for me to get used to this whole having conferences via the phone type of thing.
After that, I took a break for lunch and went to this cool organic restaurant, Funxion on that side street I mentioned earlier. It was pretty good, I had a salad and tofu chili...the tofu chili was actually PRETTY good! It was really cute and funky, so I may make another trip over there to try something else before the summer is over.
The afternoon was fairly slow, but I did get my badge to get into the DOC! No more metal detectors, at least to get into my work. I'm really excited about the work that we will be doing in that office. I feel like it is right in line with what I may want to end up doing with my life...which is kind of cool. So far, pretty awesome.
Uplifting story for today: I haven't had time to go to the store, yet, since I have been pretty tired from working. So, I've just been making use of the Chili's gift certificate that my mom gave me. Anyway, last night apparently I left the gift certificate at Chili's after I ate and I didn't realize it until I had to find it to pay my bill tonight! I asked the waitress, knowing in the back of my head that it was gone for good. Five minutes later, she comes out with it! Needless to say, I gave her a big tip!
I'll end my post with a few pictures from the area around where I work. All of them don't even capture how awesome the buildings are around here, but at least you can get a sense of them. The first is of my view of the Capitol Building as I walk to the metro. The next picture, although it looks like a cathedral, is of the oldest Post Office. The last picture is of the Herbert C. Hoover building, which is where the DOC is housed. It is going through construction right now, and is absolutely HUGE! It takes up two blocks...no joke.
awww sorry to hear about your nose ring! that bites. and thanks for posting so many pictures. im really enjoying your blog. miss you. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Julissa! Once the internet in my apartment is installed I will post more pictures. The internet in our apartment lobby is horrible! It takes forever to upload pictures, and when it does finally look like the pictures have loaded an error message pops up! It is ridiculous.
ReplyDelete