Monday, June 21, 2010
Receptions, Socials, and Meetings
Last week was full of meetings! On Wednesday, the interns were invited to a reception honoring Mike Mckinney, the chancellor of Texas A&M. Needless to say, there were some big wigs in attendance. Also, needless to say, there was some good finger food available. It was an enjoyable hour and a half of mingling, but my feet were tired and I was ready to get back to the apartment to attend the pizza social with the National Capitol Texas A&M Club. That social was fun, and the pizza was definitely satisfying. They also invited us to their monthly happy hour social in the Adams Morgan neighborhood. So, on Thursday my room mate and I hopped the red line to Adams Morgan to go socialize with more Aggies. I have to say, that Adams Morgan is my favorite neighborhood so far. The streets are lined with cute, renovated row houses and gardens; it is exactly what I would imagine an East Coast street to look like. The restaurant we were at was cute, as well, and the drinks were super good. Definitely a place to catch again for happy hour! I met some great Aggies, and had an awesome time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment