This week is going to be quite busy, so I will have many updates. On Monday I am attending two meetings where I should have the chance to network with some D.C. big shots...we will see how that goes. Then on Wednesday, I get to go to a reception with THE chancellor of the Texas A&M system, Mike McKinney. Talk about rubbing elbows! After that is a social with the Texas A&M Club in the area at my apartment. On Thursday is happy hour with the Texas A&M Club in the Adams Morgan neighborhood, then Friday, and then the weekend! Hello and Goodbye to week 4 in D.C.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
End of Weekend!
Well, I would like to report that I did tons of awesome things this weekend, but unfortunately I cannot say that. Instead of traveling around the city, I decided to take a weekend off to recuperate; it was glorious. I hung out by the pool and caught up on my tanning, I worked out in the gym, and I basically lounged around most of the weekend. However I can cross getting groceries off of my to-do list. I made an excursion to Pentagon City and visited Harris Teeter, now my refrigerator is teeming with goodies. I also did my first load of laundry, today. I found out this weekend through a coughing/sneezing fit that I am apparently allergic to something that is on my pillows and the sheets at the head of my bed. So, I had to wash my sheets to get rid of whatever that something was. Tonight, hopefully, there will be no more sneezing and coughing. Most importantly, after waiting 3 weeks my apartment finally has internet!! Last night I watched many shows on Netflix to celebrate the occasion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caught up on your posts tonight. Great work. Good picture of you and the three other interns from last weekend. I am sure the Hamlet production was very good I hope your week is productive and satisfying with little stress. Luv Daddy
ReplyDelete