Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Favorite Congressman

So, I attended a networking even this evening put on by the D.C. Aggie club. It was interesting, and I got to learn about what some former Aggies are doing in D.C. The best part, though, was meeting Congressman Louie Gohmert. There aren't any politicians (besides my Mom) that I would every really want to talk to in person, but this man was different. He was so funny and personable, and you could tell he actually cared about what he was doing...I mean most congressman care about what they do, especially what they will personally gain out of their position, but you could tell by just the way he spoke that he would do whatever it took to do the best job possible for his constituents. I got the chance to speak with him for a second, and I'd have to say it was the best few seconds I have gotten to spend with a politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment