Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vacation: Day 1

Well, my first 12 hours of vacation have been super awesome! Zane flew into D.C. around 10 last night, and after that we went to a sports bar to share some chips and salsa. Apparently, he is really acquainted with the restaurants in the area, so he is going to take me to some of his favorites while he is here, including one with a microbrewery! This morning, we headed out of Crystal City and went to the Air and Space Museum - by far the BEST museum I have seen in D.C. It was super cool, you should go there. Then we walked to lunch. We ate at this place that I had been previously, Harry's and Harriet's, after not being able to eat at Ollie's Trolley(apparently they only take cash.) But I couldn't complain, we had some great food! Then, we walked over to the tidal basin to partake in some paddle boating! That was so much fun! 10 bucks for an hour in the tidal basin, it was so worth it, especially because today was so beautiful! You could see the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument from our paddle boat (pictures below).




Now, we are back in Crystal City, making plans for tomorrow!

Other exciting news:

A package from the Limited arrived today with all of the super cute stuff I bought that was on super sale!

My mom and dad sent me beautiful flowers for my birthday!


I got a hilarious postcard from my friend Jamie Wheeler. It was so funny, that I just had to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment