Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Something interesting did happen today....

This morning, I almost got crushed by the doors to a metro. Well, crushed would be an overstatement, but here is what happened:

I was making my transfer from the yellow to the blue line among the mob of other DC'ers trying to do the same thing. When I was on the escalator I could see a blue metro already at the platform. Knowing that I only had about 60 seconds to get on, I started shoving my way down the escalator to catch it. Unfortunately the doors closed just as I was about to hop on, but right after they closed they opened up again! I was delighted, however so were the 10 people right next to me. Next, there was a dash to make it in the car before the malfunctioning doors decided to close. I thought for sure I had made it, but when I began to squeeze into the car, the doors began closing on my arm! Now, these doors do NOT open when touched so I hopped out as fast as I could...but I still received a foot long black mark down my arm to remind me of the kind of almost not really near death situation that I had just experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment