Today, I got out of Crystal City and took the metro to Eastern Market. I had been wanting to revisit the market since I had visited it with Zane earlier this month. Although it was extremely hot, I was really excited to look at all of the vendors and hopefully pick up a souvenir or two! I strolled through flea market for about 2 hours, but unfortunately I could not find anything that I couldn't live without. If I was living in D.C. that would have been another story entirely! Again, there were some awesome pieces of art and furniture that I would have loved to have invested in, but unfortunately I can't fit an artsy trunk into my suitcase. After two hours of strolling in the sun, I began to look for shelter from the heat. I found refuge in the most awesome used book store, ever. There were literally books from floor to ceiling in every nook and cranny of this two story store. It was amazing. There, I picked up a copy of The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. No, I haven't finished my library book, yet, but I just HAD to get this one...you know for the plane ride.
Now I am back at my apartment watching a Bridezillas marathon on TV and contemplating writing my end of internship essay. Bridezillas has priority right now, but I'll probably work on my essay for a bit before I go to bed and get ready for my last 10 days of work!
I LOVE THAT BOOKSTORE!! I found a rumpled copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in the basement there. Not my favorite book, but a classic to find in a used bookstore basement :)
ReplyDelete